Saint Patty’s Day? More like Saint “Patties” Day (get it, patties, like steakburger patties)! We invite you and all of our #FredHeads to stop in to celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day any time on Wednesday, March 17. Be sure to wear (and eat) green at your favorite Freddy’s.
History of Saint Patrick’s Day
The March 17 Saint Patrick’s Day celebration began in 1631 when the Catholic Church established a Feast Day honoring Saint Patrick – Patron Saint of Ireland who died in the 5th century. Modern day celebrations began in the 1700’s and in 1762, the very first New York City Saint Patrick’s Day Parade took place. In 1798, green became associated with the holiday after the Irish Rebellion.
How to Celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day in Style at Freddy’s:
- Lettuce Wrap: Don’t just wear green, eat it! Order any of our delicious burgers or sandwiches as a lettuce wrap today. Let our Freddy’s Team Members know at the time of ordering and they’ll take care of the rest!
- OREO® Cookie Mint Concrete: Much like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, you can never go wrong with custard after a delicious meal – and even better, you can never go wrong with our deliciously creamy, green OREO® Cookie Mint Concrete!
- Fish & Chips Basket or Sandwich: Observing Lent? Order our premium wild-caught Alaska cod with yummy shoestring fries to celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day!
- Veggie Burger: There’s nothing like a Freddy’s veggie burger to hit the spot! Menu hack: sub grilled onions and order it as a lettuce wrap. Delish!
- Patty Melt: Order a Patty Melt to celebrate St. Patty’s Day! With grilled onions, two delicious steakburger patties, melted Swiss cheese and toasted rye bread, what’s not to love? Try adding bacon or dipping it into our delicious fry sauce.
- Shoestring Fries: You can’t go to Freddy’s without getting our golden, perfectly seasoned, crispy shoestring fries. Celebrate the Luck of the Irish by ordering yourself a side (or two) of our delicious fries! Dip them in some of our Freddy’s Famous Fry Sauce® or Freddy’s Famous Jalapeño Fry Sauce® for added flavor.
- Onion Rings: Looking for the pot of crispy, fried gold at the end of the rainbow? Look no further! Order our delicious onion rings as the side with your meal or let them stand on their own.
Want to celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day The Freddy’s Way at home? Check out our DIY recipes below!
In a pinch? Try mobile ordering on our Freddy’s app to get a delicious meal the entire family will enjoy while on the go.
Show us how you celebrate Saint Patrick’s The Freddy’s Way by tagging us @freddysusa on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, for a chance to be featured on our national social media pages. Even better if you’re wearing green, but we won’t pinch you if you’re not.
Please check with your local Freddy’s for hours and COVID-19 safety measures.