Halloween is just around the corner! School parties, neighborhood get togethers and gatherings with family and friends are all part of the fun . . . but the question always come up, what Halloween treat should I bring?
Check out this super simple and very quick DIY recipe using Freddy’s custard cookie sandwiches (of course, we think all good recipes should start with Freddy’s!):
- Go to your local Freddy’s and buy several Oreo® and Nutter Butter® Frozen Custard Sandwiches
- Grab some gummy worms and chocolate frosting/icing at your favorite grocery store
Now you’re ready to decorate!
Oreo® Custard Cookie Sandwich spiders
- Cut the gummy worms in half so you have 6 spider legs
- Arrange your Oreo® Custard Cookie Sandwiches on your favorite Halloween plate
- Place 3 gummy worm halves on each side of the custard cookie to create the spider legs
Nutter Butter® Custard Cookie Sandwich jack-o-lanterns
- Arrange your Nutter Butter® Custard Cookie Sandwiches on your favorite Halloween plate
- Put your chocolate frosting/icing in a zip-top bag and cut the corner (the smaller the cut the better)
- Draw jack-o-lantern faces on the custard cookies
Check out our Pinterest board for other fall-favorite DIY recipes: S’Mores Custard Pie, Iced Coffee and more. There are even a few for the 21+ crowd: Tumbleweeds, Beer Floats and more.
What have you made with Freddy’s Custard Cookie Sandwiches? Share it with us, and you never know, it might make it on our Pinterest board.