Looking for ways to add some more green into your St. Patty’s Day celebrations? Try this Grasshopper Pie, made with Freddy’s rich & creamy frozen custard! (Only for our 21+ #FredHeads, please!) For a kid-friendly version, you can replace the alcohol with a dash of peppermint extract for a classic chocolate and mint flavor.
Freddy’s Grasshopper Custard Pie
- 10 OREO® cookies, crushed fine
- Pie crust
- 3 cups Freddy’s frozen custard vanilla
- 1/4 cup creme de menthe liqueur
- 2 tablespoons white creme de cacao
- A drop or two of green food dye, optional
- Mix in the liqueurs and frozen custard. Add creme de menthe and creme de cacao to frozen custard and mix well. Add a drop of two of green food dye if desired.
- Continue folding and gently mixing until no more streaks of white remain.
- Pour into a chilled pie shell (we used a chocolate one!). Freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with crushed OREO®s if desired.
If you’re ready to try this recipe at home, head to a Freddy’s location near you! Please check with your local Freddy’s for hours and COVID-19 safety measures.