If you’re craving the cheesy-goodness of a Freddy’s cheese fries at home, try these Freddy’s mac & cheese bites! Made with our Freddy’s Famous Fry Sauce®, these ooey-gooey bites are sure to be a crowd favorite.
Shake things up by creating your own variations of these delicious bites! Prepare them with Freddy’s Famous Jalapeño Fry Sauce® and ½ cup of chopped jalapeños. Or add one pound of ground beef or sausage to the bites before baking.
- ½ pound elbow macaroni
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Freddy’s Famous Fry Sauce®
- 1 egg, beaten
Takes 45 min,
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- In a medium size pan combine butter and flour over medium heat. Whisk until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Slowly add milk and bring to a simmer. Add 1½ cups of the cheese, cream cheese and Freddy’s Famous Fry Sauce®. Stir until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, carefully stir together pasta, cheese sauce, and egg until evenly mixed and pasta is evenly coated.
- Spoon mac and cheese into mini muffin tins and top each with a small pinch of remaining cheese. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before gently removing the bites.
Show us how your favorite Freddy’s-inspired at-home recipes! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, and tag us on social @freddysusa for a chance to be featured on our national pages.
If you’re ready to try this recipe at home, head to a Freddy’s location near you! Please check with your local Freddy’s for hours and COVID-19 safety measures.